Since we moved into our new house almost two years ago, I think we did a pretty decent job at decorating the place and making it our home. I am really proud of the work we put into it and how we incorporated our style into this place. But, just when my husband thought that we were all done with decorating, I started to get bored of the decor in our living room. I know, I know, it’s only been a couple of years, but, I can’t seem to shake this feeling off. However, if I tell this to him, I am pretty sure he is gonna flip out. But after all the hard work and the money he has put into this place, I can’t really blame him. So, to handle this delicate situation I decided to get creative and take matters into my own hands. I did a little research to find out ways to freshen up things at home without breaking the bank or even a sweat for that matter and I did find one.
Apparently decorating your mantel is the best way to change the look and feel of the living room. Since fireplace is the focal point of the living room, a few changes to the mantel and the entire place supposedly brightens up. But, I was not buying this theory until I saw it with my own eyes, so without further ado I put this theory to test. I should say I was really amazed by the transformation. I now have an amazing summer mantel to reflect my current mood – fun, sunny and bright. I also handled this project on a super tight budget. It cost me a total of 22$ to create this amazing look.
Here are the details.
1. Orange Wall ( we always had an orange wall, so did not cost a dime)
2. Art ( We got this as a gift when we moved into this place and it has been a center piece ever since)
3. Candle Holders from Goodwill + Spray paint $15 (Stay tuned for the DIY post.)
4. Books borrowed from the library $0. (Why buy them when I can get them for free. So, picked some books from the local library. I went with the books which had yellow and pink covers)
5. Vase $3 ( Goodwill)
6. Flowers from our backyard
7. Sea Horse decor $4 (Marshall’s)
Well, that’s all you need to have this colorful summer mantel. What do you think guys, love or hate? Also, please let me know if you know of any easy and simple decor ideas. Have a great week!!